Tuesday 4 March 2014

Tweeting on Twitter

I finally took the plunge and signed up for a Twitter account for Kelly Fletcher Needlework Design. I've had a personal account for a while, just for following, not actually tweeting, and there are two main things that I like a lot about Twitter - the bite-sized bits of information and the instant and easy access via my cellphone.

So while I was hesitant to commit to yet another social media platform, I had to accede that Twitter had too many good features to ignore. It's a quick and easy way to keep up to date with what's happening in your industry or realm of special interest, you can message people directly, and most Tweets include links if you want to know more or conversely, let your followers know where to go for more detail.



All this makes Twitter a great way to keep up in a world inundated with information, and connect with fellow embroiderers and designers or a favourite publication.

I know I won’t be one of those people who find the time to tweet several times a day (that would leave me no time for stitching!), but I’m there if you’re keen to link up with me that way. And I’m following some people and publications you may be interested in too.