Wednesday 20 January 2010

Show and tell

A lot of you have downloaded my free Jacobean Leaves and Bloomin' Marvellous patterns, and I can't help but wonder what you've been doing with them. Would you be willing to share your interpretation of the designs? Actually, why limit it to the free patterns – would you be willing to share your version of any of my designs?

I use flickr, so I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to create a group to which you could post your work based on my designs. Or is that a tad egotistical? Let me know if you have a better idea and if there are enough of you willing to post photos to such a group (I wouldn't want it to be a sad little group that fades into obscurity due to a lack of interest).

A keen interest in creativity with a needle and thread, and good old-fashioned curiosity are my reasons for wanting to see how you've used the designs. So let me know if and how you're keen to share your work, and I'll get something set up if that's the way things go.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Kelly,

Thank you so much for providing these patterns. I have recently completed the Jacobean Leaves and thoroughly enjoyed stitching them. I didn't change any of the colours as I am not that confident yet, having just "upgraded" from cross stitch. Your patterns are a fantastic way of learning new stitches. I think the idea of a flickr group is great as it would be lovely to see what everyone else has done. I stitched mine individually and made a quilted wallhanging (still to be bound). Looking forward to stitching the "Blooming Marvellous" flowers soon. Kim

Raspberry said...

Yes - and particularly those leaves, but it will take YEARS before I'm finished since I have a very hands-on toddler. :) But I'd love to see other people's color schemes and ideas as well.

KMK said...

I like the idea and love your patterns, but I don't have anything worth showing yet.

Knit One Smock Too said...

My Monthly embroidery group is stitching a different leaf each month. The palestrina stitch is new to most of us and has provided MUCH discussion!
February is Leaf Number Five. I'll take some pictures at our group meeting on Monday night and post them on our flickr site and send you a link! Some of us are doing the panel and some are stitching individual blocks, but all are lovely and interesting to stitch.Thanks so much for such beautiful designs! Martha