Tuesday 29 September 2015

Wild Ferns in emerald greens

Some of the sketches for my Wild Grass and Wild Pods patterns were too “feathery” for those patterns, and so the idea of a third design of ferns came about. 


The tendrils and fronds in bright emerald greens made more and more of an impact as I embroidered – it was the first time I’d used these particular greens and I have to say I’m really rather pleased with how Wild Ferns turned out.

And now there’s a neat set of three, to use on rectangular cushions, as wall art or embroidered on to a set of café curtains, perhaps. And the colours are really easy to switch by simply matching light for light and dark for dark.



There are some nice new stitch ideas in this one, too, so if you’re keen to give it a try you’ll find the pattern as an instant download on Etsy and Craftsy.