Saturday 19 October 2013

Contemplating Christmas

This week’s been all about Christmas, with a modern flair. I got to work on some new patterns for the festive season and I’m almost behind already – it seems to come around earlier and earlier every year. But I’m going with quick and easy designs and ideas, so there’s plenty of time to stitch them up. 


I hope to entice some of the many quilters out there to give embroidery a go with one of the patterns in particular, by incorporating the popular quilting technique of paper-based piecing. This is the technique used to make ever-popular hexagon quilts, although I’m using diamonds rather than hexxies. And the construction is all by hand, so no sewing machine required.

Otherwise it’s been a fairly quiet week. Well, there are two exciting things being put together at the moment for the first half of next year, but as usual I can’t spill the beans just yet. But know that I’m excited about them both and will share as soon as I can. Have a good weekend in the meanwhile.

No comments: