Friday 5 October 2012

Dream studio : Storage

Along with good lighting (and I agree wholeheartedly with your comments on my previous dream studio post about direct sunlight or too much light being a bad thing), effective storage is something I long for in my workspace.

What a needlework studio really needs is a lot of small cubbyholes or compartments in one compact piece of furniture. The bits and pieces I use to stitch my designs are small and easy to lose track of – skeins of thread, beads, braiding and the like. And I find myself forgetting what’s there sometimes, because it’s in a box or tin under another box or tin inside a storage box stacked under another storage box...

These drawers – originally used for filing index cards – would be perfect for keeping all those bits and pieces close to hand:


And of course I love the fact that they’re upcycled and one of a kind, rather than mass-produced. 

2 comments:

Anna said...

Those drawers ARE brilliant for threads. I have two old library index card drawer boxes but they are no where near as great looking as these.

Kelley said...

I love those drawers! just found you through the embroidery flickr group!