Wednesday 19 September 2012

Colour cluster

I’m so aware of colour at the moment that I’d have to have been blind not to notice this little cluster of red that occurred when I plonked a cup of tea and a Tunnock’s tea cake down on my desk last week. (Incidentally, that was my last tea cake until another kindly friend or family member visits the UK. Sigh.)


It brought to mind my new favourite red thread, DMC 347 – a vibrant cherry red that seems to lift every colour combination I put together lately. 


And it goes beautifully with the coral and bright red shades that are springing up everywhere at the moment, including Liberty in London. These are from the store's new lifestyle craft fabric collection.

Red Dance 
Red Garnett
Red Lytton

1 comment:

Marnie said...

Oooooooo, I love 347 too! One of my very very favorites is a slightly overdyed red that is predominantly 347 but gently blends a couple darker hues into it. I'm holding it out of stash and use it on special pieces only!