Monday 23 January 2012

Of note

I've stumbled across some enticing online content lately. I'm always on the lookout for exceptional stitching, beautiful images and inspiring people, and these definitely fit the bill.

Elizabeth Bookey of This Tiny Existence has an eye for colour, which is evident in her thread illustrations (as I like to think of them). Crafting Shelves is what originally caught my eye and got me twigged on to this artist:


Marie Viljoen is a South African-born writer, photographer and garden designer living in New York. Although nothing to do with stitching, her blog features beautiful photographs that I find especially inspiring when it comes to colour. To see Marie's photos, go to 66 Square Feet.

Kate gives us a glimpse into her life as an organic farmer, cook, mom, wife and maker over on Foxs Lane. The way she stays true to the life her family strives to lead is inspirational, and she even manages to find time to craft:


The clean lines of Corinne's designs appeal to me hugely. And her blog, So September, is a pleasure to read too. Head over there to see her embroidery.

Stitchers and designers Carina Envoldsen-Harris and Nicole Vos van Avezathe have joined forces to produce embroidery e-zine &Stitches. Being the producer of a digital magazine myself, I had to include them in this post as I know just how much work went into their first issue, which looks great. Find out more about it on the &Stitches blog.


 Note: All the images in this post are © the owners. Please click on the links to see their individual limitations on use of images.

1 comment:

This Tiny Existence said...

Thanks so much for featuring my embroidery -- or rather thread illustrations. I totally love that term! I'm very much planning on stealing it. It's basically how I've thought of my stitching since I started designing, but without ever putting it into words. Thanks!

Also, I love what you said in your previous post about embroidery not being for sissies. It take so much patience and determination and I wish it got more respect for that. Your post totally nailed just exactly what it's like . . . and made me wonder, I do this to relax?