Sunday 1 January 2012

New year, new stitches


Well, for me at any rate. Remember that book I was on about a little while ago? Gladys Windsor Fry's Embroidery & Needlework? Well it's turned out to be even more of a gem than I originally thought.

There were stitches I hadn't learnt yet:

Cretan stitch

And variations on familiar stitches:

Zig-zag chain stitch

Closed feather stitch

Double back stitch

And these are just the ones I've had a chance to try out. More await me.

Another new stitch in my arsenal is woven spider web, from Yvette Stanton and Prue Scott's Mountmellick Embroidery. I love this one:



Incidentally, these all feature in one of the new designs I'm working on.

I wish you all an awesome year filled with new ideas, new stitches and new projects. Happy 2012.

No comments: