Sunday 1 January 2012

Jacobean Leaves reincarnated


I had a great response to my first range of free designs, Jacobean Leaves. Such a great response that I decided to expand on these designs – by introducing new stitches to the existing leaves and adding completely new ones – and incorporate them into a new project.



The result is a plush 40x40cm cushion made of soft white cotton fabric, covered in embroidered leaves. I've maintained the crewelwork basis of the designs, but introduced a new colourway. I've resized the leaves and adapted the stitches accordingly. And the placement has gone from panel to square.

Rather a good way to kick-start the new year.


The Jacobean Leaves cushion pattern is available on my website. It includes instructions on how to make up the cushion.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Your stitchery is so beautiful! Happy New Year!

Gumbo Lily said...

Love it!!