Sunday 8 May 2011

Bookish

I splurged a little on books not so long ago.

Cheap Chic by Emily Chalmers and Ali Hanan:


I’ve owned Flea Market Style by the same authors for a few years now and never tire of browsing its pages. And I can see Cheap Chic is going to be the same.

Creative Walls by Geraldine James:


Each photograph in this book is jam-packed with interesting details. And I’m always on the look-out for ideas on how to display embroidery, so hopefully this’ll come in handy.

The Handmade Marketplace by Kari Chapin:


I’m about halfway through this gem of a book, and am going to have to read it again and again to allow all the golden nuggets to sink in.

Made in France: Blackwork by Sonia Lucano:


Technically, I bought this for my mom. But I haven’t given it to her yet and I keep finding myself flipping through it. I’ve never done blackwork, but Sonia tempts me with her contemporary designs.

2 comments:

Blissful Banter of a Creative Crafter said...

The Handmade Marketplace does look interesting!
Analisa

Unknown said...

I love blackwork, have a go! Just do some small samples and you will be surprised just how easy and effective the numerous designs, shapes and even textures you can get out of just stitching in black thread.