Sunday 3 April 2011

Looking back

For me, designing is all about the next big idea, the excitement of working on new patterns, the process of creating. My mind's usually on the next project before I've even finished the one I'm working on, and finished items are quickly relegated to a drawer or cupboard to make space for new ones.


So I decided to take a little trip down memory lane and haul out everything I've made in the past two or three years, just to see what and how much embroidery and sewing I've done during this time. I often berate myself for not putting enough time aside for stitching, but looking at it en masse – and bearing in mind that these are almost all original designs that have then been worked up into patterns or issues of the Stitch and Thimble – it didn't feel that insubstantial. And it's kind of nice to see all your work together like that, to take a moment to reflect on the outcome of all those hours spent sketching, stitching and sewing.



6 comments:

liberal sprinkles said...

Wow, can I live in that room? That is in no way an insubstantial amount of work!
best wishes,
Grace

Diane H said...

Congratulations - wonderful accomplishments.

Robbie said...

What a great way to document your productivity!! Nice display!

Moonsilk Stitches said...

You should be proud--that's an impressive collection. It's good to bask a bit in accomplishments.

Liz said...

Wow. That "pile" is quite impressive!

Katy said...

Lovely! You are very talented.