Sunday 22 August 2010

When life gives you lemons…

My laptop died this week, and it couldn’t have happened at a worse time.

I was putting the finishing touches on the first issue of the Stitch and Thimble, and had planned to upload the last Bloomin’ Marvellous pattern this weekend. But my machine won’t even switch on and my data may have been obliterated – I hope not, but am expecting the worst as it isn’t looking good.

So I’m being forced to take a break from all things digital for a while. And although I’m gutted and the thought of possibly having to redo all that work is making me feel slightly ill, I’m trying really hard to see the positive side of this dreaded machine meltdown.

For starters, I've suddenly had a whole weekend free. I’d planned to knuckle down and spend it on the computer, finishing off said projects. But I've done some embroidery instead and might get out one of my quilting UFOs and make use of my other favourite machine, the Bernina. It's overcast today, which also makes me want to crochet – and there’s another long overdue project in that department that needs attention. And at least I can still blog from my husband's computer...

My gain, though, is also a loss. I have no idea if I'll still be able to launch the Stitch and Thimble next month, which I’ve been looking forward to doing for weeks. All I can say is I’ll keep you posted, and please keep your fingers crossed and thumbs held that I haven't lost the entire issue.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fingers crossed my dearie!

Rachel Bates said...

just wanted to say, be encouraged. your stitchery is so beautiful. you will pull ahead.