Sunday 7 February 2010

Fishy Love...

Grrk, grrrk, grk, grrrrrk. That’s the sound my mouse recently began making as I moved it across the desktop. Rather annoying. And it felt kind of “gritty” too. No idea why, it just started out of the blue.

I’ve never used a mousepad – mainly because I’m not really fussed, but also because the plasticky commercial ones just look horrible and they’re generally too small to use when designing anyway. But the grrk sound was starting to grate. The nearest thing to hand at the time was a piece of fabric left over from a project I finished recently (but can’t share for a while).

It worked brilliantly. So I decided to make a “proper” mouse mat for myself, one big enough to allow unlimited mouse manoeuvring when designing. And while I was at it, why not incorporate a little embroidery, based on a sketch I doodled a while back?


I rather like it. And it works really well. So well that I’ve made the pattern for my Fishy Love mouse mat available in my online shop. Obviously you can make it whatever size you please. And it’d make a great gift, too.

3 comments:

Cele said...

Great idea, never hought of a fabric mouse mat. I agree about the plastic ones. This one is cool.

UK lass in US said...

How cool - I do like the embroidery.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a cute design:) Stylish and practical.