Sunday 30 August 2009

Eye candy

I caught a TV rerun of Nanny McPhee the other night and just had to watch it again to see the children’s bedroom or, more specifically, their bedding.


The story is enchanting and the cast and sets inspired, so no chore there. But that bedding makes me want to open an orphanage.

There’s a log cabin quilt, a tumbling blocks quilt, a star quilt of sorts, an afghan square crochet blanket, tartan blankets, lace-edged pillow slips, whitework and cutwork pillow cases… even the curtains are patchwork.





Stitchers inevitably notice quilts, crochet blankets and the like when watching movies. But the measles scene in Nanny McPhee is sensory overload – in the most delightful way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When watching Star Wars Episode II at the cinema, I ended up elbowing the person I was with and hissing 'See Amidala's costume? That's Maltese lace!' Oddly, they weren't interested...

Liz said...

When I see that movie (which my children LOVE,) I think with all those children, you know their mama didn't have time to make all those beautiful quilts.

janicebotterill said...

Am the same with all TV dramas and films. I also watch for lovely furniture, particularly bureaux and storage. Am sure there's no harm in it really.

Jennyff said...

That's got me wanting to snuggle under a patchwork, the weather is so awful here I would be justified. I always notice people knitting on films etc, quite often its obvious they aren't knitters.