Sunday 26 April 2009

Coasting

You know how it is, planning to make things that you actually need but just never getting around to it.

Well, I finally got around to it and now we have small splashes of colour dotted around the house. These colourful quilted squares started out on the kitchen shelf, a logical place for them to be in our house.


Within days one has found its way on to my sewing table. Another has migrated to my husband’s bedside table. Strangely, it’s the most girly, floral one. But I choose not to read anything into that… There’s one on each boxy arm of our couches, another on the dining table and the remainder of the bunch is a homebody – it’s still on the kitchen shelf.


Who knew the simple coaster could be in such demand? Although I have to concede that using ones as cheerful and tactile as these ups their appeal enormously.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

great coasters - i love the quilting pattern.

~Niki~ said...

Sew cute!

Jennyff said...

They are great and, dare I say it, would make great Christmas presents.

UK lass in US said...

They are lovely.

So, how do you train a husband to use a coaster?